Metso is a leading process performance provider, with customers in the mining, construction, and oil & gas industries. Our focus is on the continuous development of intelligent solutions that improve sustainability and profitability. Metso’s shares are listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd. Metso employs around 16,000 professionals in 50 countries. Expect results.
Technical and manufacturing support for Synthetic business line. Review manufacturing processes to determine necessary improvements in methods, standards, cost reduction and product development. Apply recognized manufacturing and industrial engineering techniques to document, measure and improve both direct and indirect work methods. Instruct and coordinate recommended and approved change implementations with business line personnel to achieve goals.
- Support technical activities for Synthetic business line including but not limited to :
- Print creation for new parts
- BOM creation for new parts
- Routing creation for new parts
- Programming of ATOM press
- Provide technical support for scheduler
- Drawing, parts list and other data to CSR’s & Market area for new orders
- General proposal drawings to support market growth
- Review RMA returns of SMS products using root cause analysis and recommend or implement improvements
- Oversees the inventory of tooling for punch press and injection press.
- Applies manufacturing principles to optimize processes.
- Demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Observes safety regulations and exhibits commitment to safety.
- Shows commitment to quality ethics and focuses on meeting the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Manages time, skills and resources to produce maximum volume of work and reduction of errors.
- Written and oral communications are organized, clear, concise and accurate. Listens carefully. Keeps others appropriately informed.
- Demonstrates cooperative team effort within work group. Works effectively with other groups and departments. Demonstrates respect for others.
- Assesses and prioritizes work requirements; develops and executes plans in a timely manner and accepts advice and/or direction well.
- Possesses depth of knowledge and skills required, needs minimal supervision.
- Reviews manufacturing processes to determine compliance with engineering principles, Company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Possess initiative to take action, without specific direction, to originate and develop ideas; ability to see beyond immediate assignments in order to achieve results.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in industry by reviewing current technical literature, seminars, trade shows, technical associations, etc.
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by management personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in engineering or related field with an emphasis in the manufacturing and industrial disciplines.
- Minimum of three (3) years engineering experience with focus on technical aspects.
- Must have a keen ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience in manufacturing or industrial equipment, including knowledge of foundry, fabrication, and machining processes a plus.
- Proficient in computer skills using PC programs and systems including but not limited to MS Office & SAP a plus. Experience with engineering software such as AutoCAD is a must. 3D modeling, such as AutoDesk Inventor, is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal relations and customer interaction with oral and written communication required.
- Must be able to consistently prioritize multiple tasks and function with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. Excellent client management and business literacy skills. Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
- Be flexible and available to interact with customers as required
- Be self directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance, including long periods of standing during vendor & customer visits. Movement through shops and field environments.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Visual acuity is required to read and produce accurate materials.
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, fax.